This article explains on how to use the Data Grid control, commonly found in the register pages throughout CivilPro Cloud. They utilise the same control and share a number of similar features. These features are:
Found at the top of the grid, it houses several items:
- Action buttons - found on the left side. There button do actions such as New Item
- Grouping Bar - Allows you to drag and drop column headers to group data. To learn more about the grouping function click here.
Filter Options are found on the right hand side of the Grid Toolbar. For a more detailed list of functions you can learn more here.
Item Detail Link
Generally this will be the identifier for the for the item and will navigate to the detail page when clicked. To learn about the general operations of the detail pages click here or to learn more about a specific page you can check our guides here.
Row Selection Checkbox
Checkboxes appears when the cursor hovers over the check box column or when multiple items have been selected. The checkbox serves as the selector for the grid rows and supports multiple selection. You can also select and deselect by clicking on any column that doesn't contain an action. For instance the Item Detail Link is an action but the Description column is not.
Multiple selection is activated either by holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard during selection or by clicking on an unselected checkbox when one item is already selected. Multiple Selection is then deactivated by unselecting all items in the register. Unselecting all items can always be done by clicking the checkbox in the header row. (See highlighted area below) If no items are selected clicking the header row checkbox will select all items in the register.
By holding the 'Shift' key when selecting a 2nd item, any item in between will also be selected.
The Action Menu tab will appear when any of the items in the Action Menu is clicked. Learn more about the general functions of the Action Menu here or continue reading to learn more details about the Related Items Tab of the Action Menu. There are a few things you can do with the Related Items Tab:
- Related Item Link - clicking this will take you to the related item's details page.
- Unlink button - once confirmed, the link between that item and the selected row on the grid will be severed. Only the link is deleted; The row data and the data for the related item is not edited.
- Selector link - if available (denoted by blue plus) you can select and add related items to the selected grid row. Learn more about the Related Item Selectors here.
The pager shows the current page number and the total number of item for the Register. Most data grids are configured with 'infinite scrolling' and 'load on demand', where the user can continue scrolling and the next set of rows are dynamically loaded (only the visible rows are loaded initially).