User Level: Intermediate
What is a Lot?
A Lot is a defined activity or parcel of work. It may describe (for example):
- a layer of pavement between two chainages over a specific date range,
- commissioning of an electrical cabinet
- the installation of subsoil drains along a service road
- a concrete pour on a bridge abutment
- the preparation of project management plans
- any identifiable work or process
Each lot is uniquely identified by its Lot Number.
What is the purpose of the Lot Register?
The Lot Register is accessed from the Quality Assurance section of the Main Menu.
The Lot Register contains all of the Lots defined for a project and is at the heart of the CivilPro system. The majority of records will have at least one link directly to a Lot. You can see all of the relationships that a Lot has by inspecting the Related Items Panel as you click on each Lot in the Register.
The Lot Register is used to create and manage lots. It contains a wizard for creating new lots and the standard register view. Under the hood though this register has some real power behind it. Read the following section on the context menu functions to learn more.
Context Menu Functions
Show Percentage Complete
The Show Percentage Complete function navigates you to a complimentary register which allows you to edit the percentage complete values of your Lots. This complimentary grid has enforced filters so that you only see the Lots that can be edited.
Lot Status Operations
All of the following operations are bulk operations you can use to edit multiple Lots at the same time.
The Lot Status operations are:
- Activate - Assigns a Date Work Started to the lot. Only needed if project option 'Pre-Opened' is set. Learn more about this function here.
- Guarantee - Assigns a Guaranteed Date to the lot and sets you as the Guaranteed By User.
- Conform - Assigns a Conformed Date to the lot and sets you as the Conformed By User.
- Reject - Assigns a Rejected Date to the lot and sets you as the Rejected By User.
and their inverses:
- Undo Activate - Removes the Date Work Started from the lot. Only needed if project option Pre-Opened is set. Learn more about this function here.
- Undo Guarantee - Removes the assigned Guaranteed Date and the assigned Guaranteed By User.
- Undo Guarantee By Age - Removes the assigned Guaranteed Date and Guaranteed By User when the lot has been guaranteed for a set amount of time without further action being applied. Learn more about this function here.
- Undo Conform - Removes the assigned Conformed Date and the assigned Conformed By User.
- Undo Reject - Removes the assigned Rejected Date and the assigned Rejected By User.
New Related Items
New Test Request - Create a Test Request with the associated lot defaulting to the currently selected lot.
New NCR - Create a Non-Conformance Report with the associated lot defaulting to the currently selected lot.
Measure Up Sheet
Lot Register Report
- Open Lots
- Related Items Summary
- Guaranteed Lots
- Conformed Lots