Approval and Notification templates are systems templates that describe how emails and approvals are prepared from their sources record. For example:
- how an approvals subject and body are created form a checklist item, NCR or purchase orders
- how a notification email is generated from an approval
- how a test request notification is generated from a test request
- how an approval reponse email is generated from an approval
Approval and notification templates are found under the Other Setup heading within the Main Menu to the right of the screen.
Approval and Notification Template Fields
- Template name – the name to be given to the template
- Template type – chosen from a dropdown of notification classes
- Subject – subject of template
- Body – the details and fields of the notice template
Creating a new template
- To create a new notice template, click on the Add Template button at the bottom of the screen or from the Ribbon Menu
- The System Template will open ready for editing. The subject and body sections can contain plain text or fields. Plain text will be added to notices that are created using this template exactly as input. Fields will be replaced with data from the relevant Civil Pro record. In the subject and body sections, type in the plain text as required and when ready to add fields, make your selection from the Field Chooser to the right of the screen, using a drag and drop action to select and place the fields where required.
- Click on Save or Save & Close