The System Settings define several system wide parameters used by your Civil Pro database such as;
- the file storage – this is the default location for file storage (for e.g. Lot Documents and photos) for all projects in the system. This can be overridden for individual projects using the equivalent project setting
- Azure storage information
- the information for the SMTP server used by Civil Pro to send emails directly – this is essential if you are going to use the approval system directly from Civil Pro’s desktop client.
- the mobile site (if any) connected to this database – the Mobile Site is used in emails sent by Civil Pro as part of its approval system so that 3rd party approvers are given links where they can approve (or otherwise) their documents.
The server settings are accessed from the Application Menu under System=>Settings=>System Settings. This function requires System Administrator permissions.
If you set the file storage in the system settings, this is the location that all files such as lot documents and photos will be stored for all projects, unless overridden by a project setting.
- To set the file storage, either enter the path directly into the text box, or use the folder selector by clicking on the ellipsis at the right of the text box
Mobile site / SMTP
If you are sending approval requests or reports directly from Civil Pro, you will need to provide details of an SMTP server to send the emails. This information will be provided by your system administrator. You can test that your SMTP server is working by clicking on the Test button to send a test email to yourself (or anyone else).
If you are sending approval requests to 3rd parties, you will need to provide the address of your civil pro mobile site so civil pro can properly compose the emails. This site must be properly prefixed e.g. https://www.civilprosoftware.com
Note: It is completely reasonable to only use the Mobile Client for sending approval requests and receiving approval responses in which case the SMTP settings may not be required in the windows client. These SMTP settings are only useful if you need to send approval requests or email reports directly from the Windows client.