Introduced in Version 10 and replacing the Lot Docs, the file store is used to store any electronic file. Files in the Filestore can be linked to most relevant Civil Pro documents as related items and are commonly used as attachments when generating emails for approval requests and contract notices, and for storing the electronic copy of documents saved in the Controlled Documents register.
Civil Pro automatically saves a copy of the document selected to be saved as a Filestore document to the project file repository. If this has not been set it is saved to the system file repository – one of these file paths MUST be set in order to be able to use this function. For how to set a file repository refer to the System Settings page.
The Filestore register is found under the Document Management within the Main Menu.
Note : To learn more about the Main Menu, Register Menu, Context Menu and Ribbon Menu mentioned in this article, please refer to the article "The Interface - how to use CivilPro".
Saving a Document to the Filestore
If you have set project/file repository you will be able to add a document to the Filestore:
- From within the Filestore register, click on Add Filestore Doc in the Register Menu or under the Operations heading in the Ribbon Menu.
- The Select File dialog will open. Find the document from within your system and click Open.
- The document selected will now appear in the Filestore Register Note: Civil Pro makes a copy of the file and saves it in the project/system file repository. Editing/deleting this document from Civil Pro system DOES NOT change/delete the original file.
Linking a Filestore Document to a Related Item
You can link a Filestore document to other related items within the Civil Pro system – for example, a photo or set of drawings may relate to a specific Lot, variation or approval and you would like to make sure this is registered in the system.
- Click on the document you wish to link within the Filestore register. The selected item will turn blue.
- Double click on the item heading you wish to link it to from within the Related Items tree – in the example below ‘Lots’ has been selected. This will bring up the relevant item selector dialog.
- Double click on the item/s you wish to link the document to then close the item selector dialog or select multiple items in the selector and click Add Selected.
- You will now see that the item/s you have selected to link the document to appear in the Related Items tree.
Deleting a Filestore Document Related Item
- Click on the Enable Editing button in the Register or Context Menu
- Click on the related item/s you wish to delete from the Related Items Tree to the right of the screen and press Delete. Note: This DOES NOT delete the related items from the system – it removes the LINK only between the selected Filestore document and that item.
Attaching a Filestore Document to an Approval Request
When emailing an Approval Request via Civil Pro you can select a document from the Filestore and include it as an attachment. For how to attached a Filestore document to a Approval Request email refer to the Approvals help topic.
Attaching a Filestore Document to a Contract Notice
When emailing a Contract Notice via Civil Pro you can select a document from the Filestore and include it as an attachment. For how to attached a Filestore document to a Contract Notice email refer to the Contract Notices help topic.
The Filestore Register filters are accessible under the Filters heading in the Ribbon Menu.
It consists of three data categories that Filestore Docs can be filtered/searched by in order to present the most relevant data to the user depending upon their requirements at the time:
- by ID
- by date
- by Text