Control lines are project specific. You can add a new control line individually or import a list of control lines from a CSV file. To read more about Control Lines HERE.
NOTE: Lots do not require Control lines. This is optional for your project.
- You must Create a new Project before you can complete this task.
- These tasks can be conducted in parallel with this task:
Click the symbol above to enter full screen mode ↑
Method 1 : Add an Individual Control Line
1. Under QA Setup, select Control Lines
2. Click on the blue tab “New Control Line”
3. Enter the details in the fields as shown below. You can pinpoint the location of your control line using Google map.
4. Once the location is shown on your map, if you have an image layer, you can left click on each point that you need for chainage. This will automatically populate the approximate latitude and longitude.
Although clicking over an image layer is not accurate - Control lines are for communication purposes only. However, you can enter the exact latitude and longitude if you know each point. If you are working in Northing and Easting, you would need to convert.
Once you have placed your points, you will want to click into the Chainage section for each point and add the distance.
NOTE: For the Control line to work properly, you will need more than one point (it cannot be just a single point). Make sure that you add more than one point by clicking along the map, or entering coordinates.
Method 2: Import Control Line Register
Note: Before you start this process, learn the File Format for Import and how to Create a CSV file.
1. To import a list of Control Lines, click on the Global Action icon and select “Import from File” from the dropdown list
2. There are two ways to import :
a) Import from Clipboard ( directly from Excel)
b) Import from File (CSV file only)
2a) Import from Clipboard ( directly from Excel)
Open your Excel file and select the data that you are importing. Right click to select “Copy”. Click on the “IMPORT FROM CLIPBOARD” tab to import.
2b) Import from File (CSV file only)
2b-i) Click on the “IMPORT FROM FILE” tab to select the file from your folder or use the Drag and Drop option.
2b-ii) Before you import the file, you must have already created and saved a copy of your CSV file in a designated folder. Select the file from your folder and click “ Open” as shown below.
3. Click on the heading “ Value 1” and select “Control Line” from the dropdown list. This will update the heading. Next, click on the second heading “Value 2” to update it to “ Description”.
4. Once all the headings have been updated, you’ll see a green tick. Click “Import”.
5. Once the list is imported, you can view it on the register.
(Note: The coordinates and chainage of each Control Line will not be imported, so these will have to be entered manually - as per Method 1).
Note: If you do not want your Control Lines to reference a location on Google Maps, you can simply skip adding coordinates and chainage.
Please sign in to leave a comment.