Checklist approvals are mostly requested for Hold Point and Witness Point, and in some cases for Check Items as well.
1. Navigate to the Checklist register (Quality Assurance>Checklists). Click on the relevant Lot/ITP to view the inspections item.
2. Select the inspection item to be approved. Click on the “Notepad” icon and select “Request Approval". (Alternatively, right-click on the Inspection item to select the same.)
Note: If there is more than one item in your list requiring approval, you can only select one at a time to submit the request.
3. Complete the followings:
- Workflow - Select “Basic workflow”
- Addressees - Select the person you are requesting to approve the Inspection item ( By default, it will show only users that can approve. A recent new feature allows you to send to Groups. To learn how, refer to "Create Groups" and "Use Groups" ).
- CC – copy another person, if applicable
Click “Build Approval”.
4a. Here, you can click on the “Paper Clip” icon on the right panel to attach any document or photo, to support your request.
Click on “Start Workflow".
4b. Click on “Start Workflow” again in the dialog box. Click “Save”.
5. You can now see the Action Date at the top and an entry in the “Action Logs” at the bottom.
Click “Save”, then "Close" to exit. (The approver will receive an email with a link to login and approve the request).
6. In the Checklist register, you can see the Inspection item is now highlighted and a question mark in the “Approve” box, meaning it’s pending approval.