Before you create a Test Request, you must have completed setting up all the QA registers for your project and created your Lot.
If there are Test Properties to be included, these also must be added before the request can be created.
1. Under Quality Assurance, select “Test Requests”
2. Click on the “New Test Request” tab
3. Complete the fields by using the dropdown list. Enter the details for “Description”.
You can enter a specific Test Request Number or leave it blank for automatic numbering.
Select the Test Reason that applies to the Test.
Enter additional notes in the “Notes“ field, if applicable.
Click “Next” to proceed.
(Note: Fields denoted by red asterisks are mandatory.)
4. Select the geometry for the Test area. In most cases, this would be an area close to the geometry used for the Lot.
a) Chainage – select the relevant Control Line and enter the details of your chainage and offset ( as per the figure below) or,
b) Coordinates Position/ Coordinates Region – click on the + sign and enter the coordinates of the latitude and longitude. You can also enter the location of your Lot or use your mouse to zoom in on the map.
(Note: If you don’t have the details of your Geometry, select “No Geometry”.)
5. Enter the “Details” for Material Source, if applicable.
Select the “Method of Location”:
- Tester Locates
- Random Stratified Testing - the system will randomly select the locations based on the Control Line with the chainage and offset provided
- Location Specified
If you have selected “Random Stratified Testing” as the Method of Location, enter the “Resolution” for the “Random Locations” to calculate the Longitudinal/Lateral/Depth positions. The values of the resolution will increase with a higher number e.g. “3” will have a higher resolution than “1”.
6. Click on the tab “Add New TR TEST”.
Complete the details for the Test:
- Test Method (Select from Dropdown List)
- Schedule Item ( Select from Dropdown List, if applicable)
- Number of Tests ( Enter the number of tests to be requested)
- Compliance ( Enter the details of compliance, if applicable)
Click on the “Blue Tick” at the right end of the line to add.
Click on the “Generate TR Tests” tab.
The number of tests will be generated on the screen. Click “Next”.
7. You can add Test Properties on this screen. Click on the inverted triangle to select the relevant Test Properties from the dropdown list.
Click on the tab “+ ADD PROPERTIES”
If you don’t have any Test Properties to add, skip this step.
8. Review the details of the test.
Click “Back” to go back to previous screens to edit.
Click “Save” to proceed.
IMPORTANT: The Test Request has not been sent to the Tester. Continue with Notify Tester.