This process applies when the NCR approval process has other conditions, and there is a review process that needs to be managed outside the basic workflow. In such cases, an NCR can be manually approved with certain conditions proposed and agreed upon.
When all the conditions on the NCR have been met and the agreed actions completed, the NCR can be set to Close Out.
Set Manual Approval
1. In the NCR Register (Quality Assurance > NCR), select the relevant NCR to be manually approved.
On the right panel, click on the “Notepad” icon and select “Set Manual Approval” (you can also right-click on the NCR to select the same option).
2. Complete the followings:
- NCR Approval By – Select the approver
- NCR Approval Date – Default to the present date
- NCR Approval Details – Enter as many details about the approval as possible e.g. correspondence reference with date and time
3. In the NCR register, the status of the NCR will display “Manually Approved”. To view the details of the Manual Approval, right-click on the NCR and select “View Manual Approval”.
Note : The “Remove Manual Approval” option can be selected from the same dropdown list.
Close Out NCR
1. Select the relevant NCR to close out. On the right panel, click on the “Notepad” icon and select “ Set Close Out” (you can also right-click on the NCR to select the same).
2. Complete the “NCR Close Out Details” field. The rest of the fields are auto-populated by default.
3. In the NCR register, the status of the NCR will display “Closed Out”. To view the details of the Close Out, right-click on the NCR and select “View Close Out ”.
Note : The “Remove Close Out ” option can be selected from the same dropdown list.
Please sign in to leave a comment.