In CivilPro, you can use Custom Registers to customize your Lot number based on additional information (e.g. sub grades), on top of Work Types and Area Codes, to create a subset of tags for your Lot. The Custom Registers is set up before a Lot is created.
1. In the main menu, under Other Setup, select “Custom Registers”.
2. Click on the tab “New Custom Registers”.
3. Complete the following fields:
- Custom Register – this can be a description of the additional information (e.g. Sub Grade Level) required for the Lots or a subset of tag codes (e.g. Q109A)
- Short Code – an abbreviation or a code that associates with your Custom Register
- Is Required – Tick this to apply the Custom Register for all lots that are to be created
- New Value – Click “New Value” to create multiple values and short codes, and click on the “Tick” after each entry to add
4. You can now view the newly created custom register.
Next, to set up the Custom Lot Number String, click on the “Burger” icon to open the menu.
5. Set Up Custom Lot Number String.
From the menu, select “Project Settings.
6. On the Headings, click on the “Quality Assurance Control” tab.
At the “Set Custom Lot Number String” field, click on the link “use string builder”.
7. Click on “Add Item” and select “Work Type”. Click on the “Tick” to add.
8. Repeat the same steps to add “Area Code” and “Custom Register”.
For “Custom Register”, tab across to the “Custom Register” field, and select the Custom Register that you have created (in this example, Sub Grade Level).
You can also choose how many characters for each item to be included in your Lot Number by updating the number under the column "Length".
Click on the “Tick” to add.
9. You can now see the “New Lot String” format created.
In this example, the new lot number will be named in this order :
Worktype code - Area Code – Custom Register Code.
Click “Save Lot String”.
Note : you can reorder by clicking and dragging the “Six Dots” icon up or down the list.
10. You can now see the Custom Lot Number String has been added and can be used for any Lot Numbers to be created.
Click “Save Settings”.
11. The Custom Lot String can now be applied when creating new Lots. When creating a new Lot, in the Custom Registers tab, select the Custom Register Value from the dropdown list.
12. The new lot number is created in the custom lot number format.
13a. Add Custom Register column to your Lot register
In the Lot register ( Quality Assurance > Lot Register), click on the inverted triangle at the top right corner.
13b. From the dropdown list, select “Column Chooser”.
13c. Scroll down until you see the “Register” column header. Click and drag the tab to the Headings bar.
13d. You can now see the Custom Register information on the Lot Register.
Note: you can click and drag the column header horizontally along the bar to your preferred placement.