This process shows you how to create a Progress Claim based on the quantities of work completed. Before you create your Progress Claims, you must set up your Quantities register by assigning Quantities to Lots (for Lot-based /QA backed claims) or adding Floating Quantities (for claims relating to general project administrative expenses).
To familiarize yourself with CivilPro Progress Claims concepts, please refer to the following articles:
Progress Claims - Report Periods
Other Relevant Links:
Assign Quantities to Lots / Add Floating Quantities
1. On the Main Menu, under Payment, select “Progress Claims”.
2. Click on the “New Progress Claims” tab.
3. Complete the following fields:
- Report Period End Date – usually the end of the current month for monthly report period
- Reporting Period Name – the current month and year, by default, but can be customized manually
- Claim Cutoff Date - the Cutoff date for the progress claim
- Approved Completion Date for the progress claim
- Forecast Completion Date for the progress claim
- Previous Report Period - the reporting period immediately prior to this one. The certified quantities from the previous period will be used to calculate the ‘this month’ (periodic) values. If this is the first claim for the project, then leave this field blank.
- Use Lot Quantities – select “Yes” if you are tracking the Lot Quantities and using them to calculate your Quantity to Date
- Claim Quantity:
a) None - for lump sum claims not based on quantities e.g. Variation expenses
b) Set to previous period claim qty – set the New Claim Quantity equal to the claim quantity from the previous period
c) Set to previous period cert qty – set the New Claim Quantity equal to the certified quantity from the previous period
d) Set to quantity snapshot - the quantity for each Schedule Item will be set to the sum of its Lot Quantities
For this example, we are selecting “Yes” for Use Lot Quantities and “ Set to quantity snapshot” for Claim Quantity.
4). Select the following options:
- Show Only Quantities up to Cutoff date – selecting this will mean that any lots not having the required status at the cutoff date will not have their quantities included in the snapshot.
- Include Open / Guaranteed / Conformed Lots – dictates which Lot Quantity statuses are included when calculating the quantity for each Schedule Item.
- Floating Quantities – for including quantities that are not Lot-Based
Note: The snapshot will include every Lot Quantity for Lots of all status up to the cutoff date (or beyond if not selected), regardless of what statuses are included. The status options are only used for calculating the total of each Schedule Item.
5. Enter the amounts for “Retention” and “Security”, to allow adjustments, if applicable. Click "Next".
6. Review the information of the progress claim. Click “Save” to proceed.
7. You can now see the Progress Claims for your current report period. Here you can check and update the certification quantities. ( Note: to view more columns or rows, hover your mouse at the edges to scroll right or down.
8. Click on the “Printer” icon on the right panel to view and generate the PDF reports for your claims.
Example of a Claim Report
9. You can also view a summary of your claim in your Progress Claims register.
Please sign in to leave a comment.