Before you can start sending Contract Notices, you will need to set up the Contract Notices templates.
You can set up as many templates as you require, depending on how many standard project communications that you frequently send to your contractors, clients, etc. If you are frequently sending email notices with the same kind of information that are linked to Lots, Variations, Approvals, Photos, etc, using Contract Notice templates will save you a lot of time and help you to manage your project communication efficiently.
Some examples of the types of Contract Notice templates that you can set up include but are not limited to:
- Notice of Variation
- Request For Information
- Corrective Action Request
- Quality and Financial Data Communications
Even though we are setting up a Notice of Variation for this process, the steps are the same for setting up all types of Contract Notices. The only difference is the content where you can customize your message and select the types of auto complete fields relevant to your communication.
Related Link :
1) In the main menu (after selecting your project), click on “Other Setup”, then “Contract Notice Templates”.
2) Click on the “New Contract Notice Template” tab
3. Complete the following fields:
- Template Name - assign a relevant name for your template e.g. Notice of Variation
- Abbreviation – e.g. NOV
- Subject – e.g. Notice of Variation, you can also add Auto Complete Fields from the Field Chooser menu. Click on the Field Chooser icon on the right panel to see the full list of fields. To insert fields, ensure the cursor is at the space where the field is going to be placed, and click on the relevant field option from the Field Chooser menu. (Fig 3a)
- Body – include your standard message, with options to insert Auto Complete Fields and tables if required . To insert a table, click on the “Three Dots” on the right corner of the Body toolbar (Fig 3b) and select “ Insert Table”.
- Response Expected? – Select “Yes” if you require a response
- Inactive Template – for deactivating a template when it is no longer required
Note: Auto Complete Fields will be populated with data from the relevant CivilPro records. There is a good selection of fields to choose from. To learn what data these fields represent and draw from, refer to: Contract Notice Template Field Chooser
4. You can now see the template in your Contract Notice Template register.