This process shows you how to create a project on a new database with no existing projects. In CivilPro Desktop, your database can be a standalone, server or a combination of both. For this process, we are creating a new standalone project.
To help you decide which database suits your requirement, please refer to the article " Selecting Your Database Type" under the Related Link on this page.
If you are creating a new project on an existing database that already has other projects, please refer to Create a Project on an Existing Database.
Related Link :
1. On your CivilPro login screen, click on “Select Database” and select “New Connection” at the top of the dropdown list.
2. As we are creating a Standalone project for this example, select “CivilPro Data File”. Click on the link “New Standalone File” and select the folder where the new file is to be saved. Enter a name for the file and click “Save”.
Click “Connect” at the bottom of the dialog box.
Tip: It is generally unnecessary to password protect the Civil Pro database itself UNLESS it contains especially sensitive data and is in an unsecure location.
3. Select “Yes” to initialize the database
4. The Administrator will create a login password and enter their email address. Click “Next”.
Note: The Administrator will need to remember the username and password to login to their account. By default, the username is sysadmin.
5. You’ll be advised the database setup is complete. Click “Finish”.
6. Login to create your project with your username and password ( created in Step 4).
7a. You have the option to import the setup from a previous project. If you are importing, select the type of connection that applies : SQL Server or CivilPro Data File. In this example, we are selecting “CivilPro Data File”.
If you are NOT importing, please skip this step and proceed to Step 8.
7b. Click “Open File” and navigate to the folder where you have saved the previous project data file.
7c. Enter the username and password that you use to login to the database of the project that you are importing from, and select the imported project. Click “Next”.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Civil Pro can only import from projects with the same data structure as the current version. If you have problems importing, fix the target database by simply logging in to it, then try again.
7d. Select the items that you want to import from the project. Click “Next”.
8. If you are not importing or prefer to import specific information later, select “Do Not Import”.
9. Enter the details of the project by completing the fields below. Click “Next”.
10. On this screen, you can select a user who is importing or creating the project. In this case, we can leave this as System Administrator. Click “Create Project”, then “Next”.
11. The project has now been created. Click “Finish” and return to the login screen to log in and start using your project.