Work Type is a two-letter code that forms a part of your Lot Identity when you create a Lot. Work Type classifies the type of work that is done for a specific Lot. It can be added manually or imported from a CSV file.
Before you create a Lot, you must set up your Work Type register.
Tip: When creating a list of Work Types, include a miscellaneous Work Type to allow the recording of general, non-specific work. For example, add a Work Type MS with a description Miscellaneous for this purpose.
Method 1 : Add Manually
1. Navigate to the work type register.
2. Before you can add or edit, you must “Enable Editing” in your register. Right-click on a row to select “Enable Editing” to add. Alternatively, click on the “Enable Editing” icon at the bottom of the page.
Tip: The Enable Editing shortcut is Ctrl + E. When editing is enabled, the icon is highlighted in blue.
3. Click on a row and the pencil icon will appear next to the row. Type in the Work Type code in the first column. Tab to the next column to enter its Description.
Method 2: Import from a CSV file
Ensure that you have created a list of Work Types and saved it as a CSV file in a folder before you start.
1. In the same register, click on the “Import Work Type” icon on the main toolbar.
2. The Import Wizard dialog box will pop up. Click “Next”.
3. Select the CSV file from the folder where you saved your file. Click “Open”.
4. Right-click on the header of the first column and select "Work Type”. Next, right-click on the header of the second column and select “Description”. Click “Import”.
5. In the next dialog box, click “Finish”.
6. The list of work types can now be viewed on your register.
Note: To delete work types from your register, enable editing, select the work type ( shift + click to select more than one item), and hit the “Del” on your keyboard.