An Area Code is an alphanumeric identifier (maximum 4 characters) which describes different areas of the project. Area Codes and Work Types are identifiers that will form your Lot ID.
You must set up your Area Code register before you create your Lot. Area codes can be added manually or imported from a CSV file.
Method 1: Add Manually
1. Navigate to the Area Code register
2. Before you can add or edit, you must “Enable Editing” in your register. Right-click on a row to select “Enable Editing” to add. Alternatively, click on the “Enable Editing” icon at the bottom of the page.
Tip: The Enable Editing shortcut is Ctrl + E. When editing is enabled, the icon is highlighted in blue.
3. Click on a row and the pencil icon will appear next to the row. Type in the Area Code in the first column. Tab to the next column to enter its Description.
Method 2: Import from a CSV file
Ensure that you have created a list of Work Types and saved it as a CSV file in a folder before you start.
1. In the same register, click on the “Import Area Codes” icon on the main toolbar.
2. The Import Wizard dialog box will pop up. Click “Next”.
3. Select the CSV file from the folder where you saved your file. Click “Open”.
4. Right-click on the header of the first column and select "Area Code”. Next, right-click on the header of the second column and select “Description”. Click “Import”.
Note: If your CSV file has a header, tick the box “First row is header”. You’ll still need to update the header for this step.
5. In the next dialog box, click “Finish”.
6. The list of area codes can now be viewed on your register.
Note: To delete area codes from your register, enable editing, select the area codes ( shift + click to select more than one item), and hit the “Del” on your keyboard.