The Test Methods Register is a list of all the Test Types that can be referenced from the ITPs and the Test Requests. These tests may be defined in an industry standard, listed by the client or custom to your project.
Each test can also list the Test Result fields that are recorded for the test. The result fields are only required if you intend to record your test results in Civil Pro.
Before you can add a Test to your Inspection Test Plan (ITP), you have to set up your Test Methods register. This process shows you how to add and import Test Methods.
Method 1: Add Manually
1. Navigate to the Test Method register
2. Before you can add or edit, you must “Enable Editing” in your register. Right-click on a row to select “Enable Editing” to add. Alternatively, click on the “Enable Editing” icon at the bottom of the page.
Tip: The Enable Editing shortcut is Ctrl + E. When editing is enabled, the icon is highlighted in blue.
3a. Click on a row and the pencil icon will appear next to the row. Type in the Test Method Name (e.g. Q103A) in the first column. Tab to the next column to enter its Description.
3b. If you are planning to record your test results in CivilPro, you can complete the Test Result fields for the test. Click the + sign next to the Test Number.
3c. Complete the Test Result Fields e.g. the Result Name and Result Unit. Click on the - sign next to the Test Number to hide the Test Result Fields after completion.
Method 2: Import from Repository /CPX (v10)/ CSV file
You can also import selected Test Methods from the repository of the REPO project that was provided with a new subscription, or from other projects where they have been previously added.
For this example, we are going to show you how to import from a CPX file as this is the most likely scenario where you'll be importing from. A CPX file is a file that has been exported from v10 or v11 and has been saved in a folder outside CivilPro.
1. In the same register, click on dropdown arrow next to the “Import Test Methods & Result Fields” icon on the main toolbar and select “ Import V10”.
2. Select the CPX file from the folder where you saved your file. Click “Open”.
3. The list of Test Methods can now be viewed on your register.
Note 1: The Result fields will also be imported with the Test methods. Click on the + sign next to the Test Number or Name to view the Result fields.
Note 2: To delete Test Methods from your register, enable editing, select the Test Methods (shift + click to select more than one item), and hit the “Del” on your keyboard.