Checklist approvals are mostly requested for Hold Point and Witness Point, and in some cases for Check Items as well.
Before you start this process, your Administrator must have added the approver as a user with the relevant permissions to view and approve the relevant items.
1. Navigate to the Checklist register.
2. Double-click on the selected Lot/ITP, to view the inspection items. Alternatively, right-click on the selected item and select "View Checklist" from the dropdown list.
3. Select the inspection item to be approved. Click on "Request approval" on the top toolbar. Alternatively, right-click on the Inspection item to select the same.
4. Complete the followings:
- Workflow - Select “Basic workflow”
- Addressees - Select the person you are requesting to approve the Inspection item ( By default, it will show only users who can approve)
- CC – copy another person, if applicable
Click “Build Approval”.
5. On the Related Items panel, double-click on the "Filestore Docs" or "Photos" to attach any document or photo, to support your request.
You can edit or add any text in the message.
Click on "Start workflow".
6. Enter the number of days allowed before the first step is due. Click "Start".
7. Click on "Send notification" to send the request to the approver.
Note: If you encounter this message "There was a problem with your template. Reported issue is the The MobileSiteURL is not set. Your notification may not have been sent," it means that your System Administrator has not set up the Mobile site or SMTP server in the system settings. Please check with your system administrator to rectify this. Your administrator can refer to this article: System Settings (V11).
8. You can view the progress of the workflow on the "Properties" panel on the right. Click on the "Action Log" tab to track the approval. Click "Save & Close".
9. In the Checklist register, you can see the Inspection item is now highlighted and a question mark in the “Approve” box, meaning it’s pending approval.