This process is to be followed by the Approver receiving the inspection approval request email.
Note: Before an approver can approve or reject an inspection item, they must have been invited by the Administrator to be an authorized checklist approver and have set up their CivilPro logins.
1. Once an approver receives the email notification of the approval request, login to your CivilPro desktop.
- If your organization is on the Plus plan (Desktop + Cloud), you can click on the link in the email to access CivilPro Cloud.
- A PDF copy of the entire checklist will be attached with the email for your reference.
2. Ensure that you select the project as specified in your notification email. Click "Connect".
3. Navigate to your Checklist register. Make sure your view is not filtered in any way.
Double-click on the relevant Checklist to view the Inspection items.
Tip: Refer to the Lot/ITP details on your notification email to locate your Checklist. If you can't see your Checklist, select "All" on the filter options and click "Apply".
4. Select the relevant inspection item and click on "View approval request" on the top toolbar.
Alternatively, right-click on the inspection item to select the same.
5. Click on "Action step" on the top toolbar.
6. Complete the followings:
- Action – Select the appropriate “Action” from the dropdown list
- Attachments - Click on the "Attach File" tab to attach any document to support your action, if applicable
- Comments – Add any additional comments or notes, if applicable
Note: For more information about the other approval actions, please refer to this article "Approvals (V11)" - scroll down to the section "Actioning Approvals".
7. Enter the recipient name ( the requester) in the "Mail To" field to be notified of your action. Click "Send".
Note : The approver will also receive a copy of the email confirming the action taken.
8. Click "Save and close".
9. The requester will be able to see the inspection item actioned ( in this example - Approved) in the "Approved" column.