Once the NCR is created and linked to its checklist inspection point (where applicable), a request for approval can be submitted.
Note: Before you can request approval for an NCR, you must set up your Basic Workflow for Approvals.
1. Navigate to the NCR Register.
2. Select the NCR and right-click on it. Select "Approval", then "Request Approval".
3. In the dialog box, complete the followings:
- Workflow - Select “Basic workflow”
- Addressees - Select the person you are requesting to approve the NCR (By default, it will show only users that can approve)
- CC – copy another person, if applicable
Click “Build Approval”.
4. Here, you can double-click on Filestore Docs or Photos under “Related Items" on the right panel to attach any document or photo, to support your report. You add or edit the Approval text.
Click on “Start Workflow" on the top toolbar.
5. Enter the number of days until 1st Step as set by your deadline requirements. Click "Start".
6. You can choose to make the NCR public. Click "Yes" to publish the NCR or "No" to make it private.
Note: When made public, the NCR is visible to anyone who has access to view NCR in the project. When made private, those users whose authority under their roles (Teams - Roles) has been restricted to "Limit Ncr View To Published" will not be able to view the NCR.
7. A preview of the email is shown and once you have reviewed the email, click "Send".
8. You can track the progress of the approval in the "Action Log" tab or under "Properties" on the right panel. Click "Save and close".