This process is to be followed by the Approver receiving the NCR approval request email.
Note: Before an approver can approve or reject an NCR, they must have been invited by the Administrator to be an authorized approver and have set up their CivilPro logins.
- Once an approver receives the email notification of the approval request, login to your CivilPro desktop.
- If your organization is on the Plus plan (Desktop + Cloud), you can click on the link in the email to access CivilPro Cloud.
- A PDF copy of the NCR will be attached with the email for your reference
2. Ensure that you select the project as specified in your notification email. Click "Connect".
3. Navigate to your NCR register. If you cannot see your NCR, you may have to adjust your filters.
4. Double-click on the relevant NCR to view the NCR, then click on "View Approval" on the top toolbar.
Alternatively, click on the "Operations" tab, then "View NCR" or "View Approval".
5. Click on "Action step" on the top toolbar.
6. Complete the followings:
- Action – Select the appropriate “Action” from the dropdown list
- Attachments - Click on the "Attach File" tab to attach any document to support your action, if applicable
- Comments – Add any additional comments or notes, if applicable
Note: For more information about the other approval actions, please refer to this article "Approvals (V11)" - scroll down to the section "Actioning Approvals".
7. A preview of the email will be available. The recipient name (the requester) will auto-populate in the "Mail To" field. If there are no changes, click "Send".
Note : The approver will also receive a copy of the email confirming the action taken.
8. You can view the updated status of the approval under "Properties" and in the "Action" log. Click " Save & Close".
9. The requester will be able to see the inspection item actioned ( in this example - Approved) in the "Approved" column.