It is important that you understand the concepts of Progress Claim in CivilPro before you proceed to update your Progress Claim. Refer to these knowledge base articles for reference:
1. Unlock a Claim
If a Claim is locked, it cannot be updated. To unlock a claim on the Progress Claim Register (under Payment ), select the relevant Report Period, and click on "Claim lock". Conversely, if the Claim is initially unlocked, selecting this will lock it.
2. Summary Panel - Update Security, Retention and Paid this claim
Almost all the information shown on the Summary Panel is calculated from other Registers or the Claim Detail except for Security, Retention and Paid this claim. The Summary Panel is displayed below the Progress Claims register.
First select the relevant Report Period, and click on the Enable Editing icon. The Summary Panel related to the selected Report Period is displayed below the register. You can now edit the values directly for Security, Retention and Paid this claim.
3. Claim Details Section - Update Claim Quantities
If you are using a QA backed Progress Claim, then the Quantity to Date can be automatically set to the sum of your Lot Quantities when you create the Claim, or later if you re-take a snapshot, or rebuild the Claim. You can then edit the QTD or any of the other quantities manually.
If you are not using a QA backed claim, then all quantities are manually entered.
a. On the Progress Claim register, double click on the "Select Arrow" of the Report Period that you want to update.
Note: Ensure the register is not locked. Refer to Section 1 of this page to learn how to unlock.
b. Under the columns " Certification - Qty" and "To Date - Qty" , go to the selected row and update the values in the grid.
Note: The type of a Claim item is indicated by its shading as follows :
|Fixed Rate||Variable Rate|
4. Update Claim Properties
a. This allows you to update the basic Claim Properties such as the Claim Name, cutoff date and previous claim.
Under the "Operations" tab, click on " View / change claim properties". Update the values in the dialog box. Click "Update".
Notes: Changing the Claim Date will not update your snapshot. Use the update snapshot function to do this.
Your claim will be updated if necessary (if you changed the previous report period).
5. Update a Claim after Changing the Lot Register or Lot Quantities
If you have made changes to your Lot Register or Lot Quantities, you can update the snapshot. This will not update the Quantities in the Claim itself unless you answer yes to the prompt "Do you want to update the claim quantities to match the updated snapshot?" which occurs during the update.
a. Under the "Operations" tab, click on "Claim operations", then select " Renew Quantity Snapshot" from the dropdown menu.
b. Select the appropriate options (refer to " Building a snapshot of lot quantities" in Project Claim Details (V11) ).
Notes : If you already have a snapshot, you will be prompted to advise that the snapshot will be overwritten and asked to confirm.
If you have the set the Auto-Unguarantee Option in the Project Options, you will be prompted whether to Unguarantee Lots.
6. Update a Claim after Changing the Schedule
When you create a claim, a copy is made of the schedule. This ensures that if changes are made to the Schedule for future Claims, then it does not change the previous ones as well. As a consequence, if you make changes to the schedule you will need to update your Claim. Examples of when these might happen are:
- Adding a new Schedule Item (usually for a Variation)
- Changing the description, schedule number etc of a Schedule Item (again usually due to a Variation)
- Changing the structure or order of your schedule
a. To rebuild your claim, under the "Operations" tab, click on "Claim operations", and select " Update claim items from schedule" from the dropdown list.
b. Select the option that applies to your change:
- Add items in the schedule but not in the claim - When this option is selected, any items that have been added to the schedule ( usually variations) will be retrieved and added to the Progress Claim. Any items that are added will have their claim quantity set in accordance with the option in the New Item Claim Quantities selector.
- Update existing schedule items - When this option is selected, any items that exist in both the schedule and the claim will be updated in the claim. No quantities or rates are changed by this function, only the schedule number, description, units and metadata associated with ordering and structuring. If you want to update rates or quantities from the schedule, there are dedicated Claim Operations functions for this.
- Delete claim items without matching schedule items - When this option is selected, any items in the claim that are no longer in the schedule are removed. It is not expected this is an option you would select often.