In CivilPro, you can create and add custom fields to some of the main registers. The purpose of this feature is primarily to allow users to assign an identifiable value to an item and in doing so, they can be used for tagging and tracking a specialized task, a subset attribute, etc. For example, a Custom register of "Teams" can be created and assigned to Lots to help with allocating specific team members and tracking accountabilities.
In addition, Custom Registers can be used to customize Lot numbers based on additional information (e.g .sub grades), on top of Work Types and Area Codes, to create a subset of tags for your Lot. Refer to "Create Custom Lot Numbers Using Custom Registers (V11)".
1. Navigate to "Other Setup", then "Custom Registers".
2. Click on the "Enable editing" icon on the bottom toolbar, and a pencil icon will appear next to the new row. Enter a suitable name under the column "Custom Register Name" (e.g. Teams).
Please note the Custom Register Name you enter here will be the name of the new field appearing on the other registers to which this is added.
3. The next column "Short Code" is not required to be completed unless you are creating a customized Lot Number, so we'll skip it for this process.
The other columns specify where the new register ( or field) is available, and when it is available, if it is a compulsory field ("Required?). PLEASE NOTE: Currently the ‘Required’ tag is enforceable only for the Lot Register.
Select the registers that you want to add this custom field by ticking the boxes in the following columns:
- Lot Active
- Required? (Lot)
- Ncr Active
- Required? (Ncr) - Not enforceable at the moment
- CostCode Active
- Required? (CC) - Not enforceable at the moment
- Daycost Active
- Invoice Active
- Qty Active
- Test Req Active
- Contract Notice Active
- Variation Active
4. Once you have ticked all the required boxes, you can enter the values for your Custom Register. In this example, we are entering the names of the team members for "Teams".
Double-click on the row of the new custom register. In the "Custom Items" dialog box, click on the "Enable Editing" box on the bottom toolbar.
5. Once editing is enabled, you can see the pencil icon to a new row.
Start tying the names of your values e.g. team member names, cost codes, etc. In this example, we are entering each team member's name. Once you have entered a name, hit the "Enter" key to go to the next row.
Once completed, click "Close". The values will be saved automatically.
6. You can now navigate to the linked registers and the new field can be accessed on the "Custom Reg" tab. In this example, the newly created "Teams " can be used to assign a Team Member to a Lot as shown below.