The Lot Register has several functions for managing your Lots. Check the followings before updating the Lot Status:
- if all the items in the checklist have been checked, verified and approved
- if NCRs have been approved and closed out
- if all test requests have been performed and their results received
A Conformed Lot is a completed Lot for which all testing has been performed and results received demonstrating compliance, all Checklists are completed and any NCRs are closed out.
A Guaranteed Lot is a completed Lot that complies with the Specification but is waiting on some results of testing (such as 28 day concrete tests) or other information.
An Open Lot is an incomplete Lot which is neither Conformed nor Guaranteed
Optional - if Pre-Open Status is enabled by your Administrator:
A Pre-Opened Lot is a Lot that has been created but work has not started, meaning there is no "Work Started Date" assigned to the Lot. This option is usually used by project managers if they wish to distinguish Lots that are opened but work has not started from those that have work started, especially for reporting purposes.
Statusing your lots is necessary to produce an accurate progress claim.
Note: Your administrator must have assigned you the access and authority to conform lots before you can update lot status.
Check All Items Related to a Lot
1. Under Quality Assurance, select “Lot Register”.
2. Select a Lot by clicking on it. If the Related Items panel is not already opened on the right, click on the "Views" tab, then "Show Related Items".
From the “Related Items” panel, you can see all the checklists, NCRs and test requests associated with this Lot. You should take note of the items highlighted in orange and red as these are the incomplete items. You can click on each of these links to view their progress i.e. if they have been checked, verified, approved, etc.
Update Lot Status
3. To conform or guarantee a Lot, select the Lot and click on the "Operations" tab on the top toolbar and click on “Guarantee” or “Conform” on the toolbar. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Lot, hover the mouse over "Status” to select the same from the dropdown list.
The "Activate" option is only relevant if your project settings allows pre-opened Lots and is used to assign a "Work Started Date" to Lots.
Note: If your Lot has any outstanding NCR or Test Request, you’ll get a message stating that these need to be approved or completed before you can conform the Lot. However, you can still guarantee the Lot if the Lot is completed and in compliance with the ITP specifications but with some test results outstanding due to long lead times.
4. Once your Lot has been conformed or guaranteed, you can view the updated status of the lot in the Lot register. Conformed Lots are highlighted in green while Guaranteed Lots in blue.
Note: All conformed or guaranteed lots are automatically assigned 100% complete. Refer to 5a-c below on how to bring up the "Percentage Complete" column.
Update Percentage Complete Column
5a. If your Lot is not completed or demonstrated as fully compliant with the specifications, but you have an agreement with your client that allows you to claim Work in Progress, you can enter a percentage complete for either the Lot as a whole or for individual Quantities.
To bring up the "Percentage Complete" field, click on the "Views" tab, then "Column Chooser". Alternatively, right -click anywhere on the heading bar to select the same.
5b. In the Customization dialog box, scroll down until you see "Percentage Complete", or you can type 'Per". Use your mouse to drag it to a desired location on the Heading bar.
Tip: Use the "Save view" tool on the Views toolbar to save this view and access it quicker next time.
5c. Next, click on the "Enable Editing" icon on the bottom toolbar and select the Lot to be updated.
Click on the cell under the "Percentage Complete" column and enter the completed percentage for the Lot.
6. You can generate the Conformance Report for one or more Lots ready to be signed off.
Select the Conformed Lot and click on the “Reports” tab on the top toolbar, then click on Conformance Report. To select more than one Conformed Lot, use "Ctrl" + select.
Undo Lot Status
7. There are also options to undo a status of a Lot. Select a Lot and go to the "Operations" tab and click on the dropdown arrow under each status to select the "Un………" for that status. Alternatively, select a Lot and right-click on it, hover your mouse over "Status" and select from the dropdown list.
Note: Unguarantee by Age - this is used to remove the Guarantee date for any Lot that was guaranteed longer than a set number of days previously. The set number of days for unguarantee lots is set by your Administrator in Project Settings.