Before you can start sending Contract Notices, you will need to set up the Contract Notices templates.
You can set up as many templates as you require, depending on how many standard project communications that you frequently send to your contractors, clients, etc. If you are frequently sending email notices with the same kind of information that are linked to Lots, Variations, Approvals, Photos, etc, using Contract Notice templates will save you a lot of time and help you to manage your project communication efficiently.
Some examples of the types of Contract Notice templates that you can set up include but are not limited to:
- Notice of Variation
- Request For Information
- Corrective Action Request
- Quality and Financial Data Communications
Even though we are setting up a Notice of Variation for this process, the steps are the same for setting up all types of Contract Notices. The only difference is the content where you can customize your message and select the types of auto complete fields relevant to your communication.
1. Under "Other setup", click on "Contract Notice Templates".
2. Click on “Add Template” on either the top or bottom toolbar.
3. Complete the following fields:
- Template Name- assign a relevant name for your template e.g. Notice of Variation
- Abbreviation– e.g. NOV
- Subject– e.g. Notice of Variation, you can also add Auto Complete Fields from the Field Chooser menu on the right panel. To insert fields, ensure the cursor is at the space where the field is going to be placed, and drag the relevant field option from the Field Chooser menu to the cursor. (Fig 3a)
- Body– include your standard message, with options to insert Auto Complete Fields and tables if required. To insert a table, place the cursor where the table is going to be placed and right click anywhere on message body (Fig 3b) and select “Table”. Insert the numbers for the rows and columns and click "OK".
- Response Expected?– Click to tick the box if you require a response
- Inactive Template– for deactivating a template when it is no longer required
Click “Save and Close”.
Note: Auto Complete Fields will be populated with data from the relevant CivilPro records. There is a good selection of fields to choose from. To learn what data these fields represent and draw from, refer to: Contract Notice Template Field Chooser
4. You can now see the template in your Contract Notice Template register.
To edit the template, double click on it to open and edit. Once finish, click "Save and close".