If users forget their passwords, they can request their Administrator to reset their passwords for them. This process shows an Administrator how to reset a user's password on Desktop.
Note: This feature is NOT supported in Cloud
1) The Administrator will sign into their Desktop. Click on the Tools icon on the top toolbar (fourth icon from the right) and select "Users".
2) Click to select the user whose password that you are resetting (make sure you select the correct user). Next, click on the "Change Password" tab ( under Operations).
3) In the "Change Password" dialog box, type the new password and confirm it by re-typing the password (don't copy and paste). Click "OK".
Note down the password so you can advise the user. Once sign-in, the user can then change the password to their own in their "User Settings". Refer to Change Own Password (V11) or Change Own Password (Cloud).
4) You'll see a message that the password has been changed. Click "OK".
5) If the user also forgot their username, you can check for them by double clicking on the user.