In CivilPro, you can use Custom Registers to create custom Lot numbers based on additional information (e.g. sub grades), on top of Work Types and Area Codes, to create a subset of tags for your Lot.
You will need to set up the custom register before you create your Lots as this will not apply to Lots created before the custom register is set up.
1. Navigate to "Other Setup", then "Custom Registers".
2. Click on the "Enable editing" icon on the bottom toolbar, and a pencil icon will appear next to the new row.
Complete the following fields:
- Custom Register – this can be a description of the additional information (e.g. Sub Grade Level) required for the Lots or a subset of tag codes (e.g. Q109A)
- Short Code – an abbreviation or a code that associates with your Custom Register e.g. SGL
- Lot Active - Tick this to apply this field to the Lot register
- Required? (Lot) – Tick this if you want to make this field mandatory
You can skip the other columns as the Custom Lot Number is only relevant to the Lot Register.
3. Next, double-click on the row of the new custom register. In the "Custom Items" dialog box, click on the "Enable Editing" box on the bottom toolbar.
Enter the values and short codes of your custom items. Click "Close".
4. Set up Custom Lot Number String
Navigate to "Project Settings" (third icon from the left on the top toolbar).
5. In the Project settings dialog box, go to the "QA Control" tab.
In the "Custom lot number string" field, enter the Lot Number string as follows:
#W(2)#A(4)#CR[SGL](4) where the Lot Number will represented as :
#W(2) - the first two letters of the Work Type code
#A(4) - the first four letters of the Area code
#CR[SGL](4) - the four characters of the Custom Register code ( in this example, it was "SGL" that we created earlier, and the numerals after it) e.g. SGL1, SGL2 or SGL3
Note: you can change the numbers in the brackets for each code depending on how many characters of each code you want to include in the Lot Number and how long your codes are e.g. #W(3)#A(3)#CR[SGL](3)
6a When you create a new lot, you'll see the custom item in your Custom Register tab, and select the appropriate value from the dropdown list.
6b. Once you have created the Lot, the Custom Lot Number will be displayed in the Lot Register.