In CivilPro Cloud, the access and authority of users are determined by their roles. Roles and Users can only be set up by Administrators.
To set up a role, the Administrator will have to specify the followings:
- An appropriate Role Name
- Access (User Levels)
- Purchase Order Approval Limit (if applicable)
In addition, the Administrator may need to consider other factors including, but not limited to:
- the functions that the role needs to perform e.g. Administrator, User or Viewer
- if there are available paid seats
- if the user is an internal staff or from outside your organization
- if the user is required to add or edit
- what information needs to be safeguarded and restricted especially if the user is from outside your organization
- the appropriate permission levels relating to each item or register
Any role created will fall into one of the three User Levels available. The following table shows the three User Levels and what types of access are permitted.
|User Levels||Notes||View Limited||View||Add||Edit||Admin/Delete|
|At least one access to Admin/Delete|
|At least one access to Add or Edit|
( Free Seat)
|View Only - no access to Add or Edit|
What is the difference between “View Limited” and “View”?
View Limited provides view access only to items on the register that the user is associated with whereas View provides view access to all the items on the register.
Under View Limited access, the user can only view items in the register that are only:
- Raised By them ( e.g.NCR, Checklist)
- Addressed to or Copied ( e.g. Approvals)
- Notice To/On Behalf of ( e.g. Contract Notice)
Authority refers to specific actions that a user can perform with an item. For example, conform a Lot or Verify Checklist.
If users need to access all the projects in a database but still maintain the current permission levels, the Administrator can link their role to Global, instead of a specific project.
To link a role to Global, in the Main Menu go to Teams, select the relevant “User” and click on the tab “Projects”. In the right panel, click on the “Chain” icon, and the + sign next to “Global Roles”.