An Area Code is an alphanumeric identifier (maximum 4 characters) which describes different areas of the project. Area Codes and Work Types are identifiers that will form your Lot ID.
You must set up your Area Code register before you create your Lot. Area codes can be added manually or imported from a CSV file.
This process shows you how to:
Click the symbol above to enter full screen mode ↑
Method 1: Add Manually
1. Select your project first by clicking on it. Then, navigate to the Area Code register.
2. Click on the tab "New Area Code".
3. Complete the following fields :
- Area Code - Enter up to maximum four letters e.g. GCBR
- Description - Enter the corresponding description e.g. Gold Creek Bridge (up to 500 characters)
Edit the Area Code
4. If you need to edit the area code, just click on the code in the register to open it.
Method 2: Import from Clipboard / a CSV file
Ensure that you have created a list of Area Codes and saved it as a CSV file in a folder before you start. Refer to How to create a CSV file.
1. In the work type register, click on the Global Action icon and select " Import from File" from the dropdown list.
2. There are two ways to import :
a) Import from Clipboard (directly from Excel)
b) Import from File (CSV file only)
2a) Import from Clipboard ( directly from Excel)
Open your Excel file and select the data that you are importing. Right click to select “Copy”. Click on the “IMPORT FROM CLIPBOARD” tab to import. Proceed to Step 3 below.
2b) Import from File (CSV file only)
2b-i) Click on the “IMPORT FROM FILE” tab to select the file from your folder or use the Drag and Drop option.
2b-ii) Before you import the file, you must have already created and saved a copy of your CSV file in a designated folder. Select the file from your folder and click “Open” as shown below.
3. Click on the heading “Value 1” and select “Area Code” from the dropdown list. This will update the heading.
In this example, the second heading was updated automatically. If this is not the case, simply click on the second heading “Value 2” to update it to “Description”.
4. Once all the headings have been updated, you’ll see a green tick. Click “Import”.
Delete Area Code
1. Select the area codes and right-click on the register. Click "Delete Selected".