In CivilPro, you can create and add custom fields to some of the main registers. The purpose of this feature is primarily to allow users to assign an identifiable value to an item and in doing so, they can be used for tagging and tracking a specialized task, a subset attribute, etc. For example, a Custom register of "Teams" can be created and assigned to Lots to help with allocating specific team members and tracking accountabilities.
In addition, Custom Registers can be used to customize Lot numbers based on additional information (e.g .sub grades), on top of Work Types and Area Codes, to create a subset of tags for your Lot. Refer to "Create Custom Lot Numbers Using Custom Registers".
1. Select the relevant project, navigate to "Other Setup", then "Custom Registers".
2. Click on the tab “New Custom Registers”.
3. Complete the following fields:
- Custom Register – enter a suitable name e.g. Teams. Note that this will be the name of the new field appearing on the other registers to which this is added.
- Short Code – this is not required to be completed unless you are creating a customized Lot Number (please note that currently this is a mandatory field in Cloud but this will be fixed shortly. Meanwhile, please enter a short code to proceed.)
- Show in Lot /NCR/ Cost Code – Tick each box as required to select the registers that you want to add this custom field
- Is Required Lot /NCR/Cost Code - Tick each box as required to make the field compulsory in the register PLEASE NOTE: Currently the ‘Required’ tag is enforceable only for the Lot Register.
- New Value – Click on the “New Value” tab to add multiple values ( e.g. team members' names, cost codes, etc) and click on the “Tick” after each entry to add. It is not necessary for you to enter a short code here unless you are creating a custom lot number.
4. You can now navigate to the linked registers and the new field can be accessed on the "Custom Reg" tab. In this example, the newly created "Teams" can be used to assign a Team Member to a Lot as shown below.