This process shows you how to create a variation and link it to a Work Lot.
1. In the main Menu, click on “Payment”, and select “Variations”.
2. Click on “New Variation” tab.
3. Complete the following fields:
- Variation Number - a unique identifier for each variation that by default will start from "0001" but can be customized
- Client Reference - an optional field to include a second reference to identify the client
- Create and Link to Schedule Item (selecting “Yes” means the Variation will be added to your Schedule Items and can be included for Progress Claims later).
- Add Note – if applicable
4. Enter the values in the following fields (for both Submitted and Approved) to obtain an estimate of the total for the variation:
- Measurement Unit
- Extension of Time (EOT)
5. Here, the waypoint date and status will be shown. You can update any new waypoint dates and statuses here, by clicking on the “New Waypoint” tab.
Note: Variation waypoints require updating as its status progresses from "Identified", "Notified", through "Submission" and ideally to "Approved". They can also be updated via the “Link” icon on the Related Items panel on the Variation register. Refer to step 7b.
6. Review the details of your variation and if there are no errors, click “Save”.
To correct any details, click “Back” to go to previous pages.
7. The new variation is now added to your Variation register. From here, select the Variation and click on these icons on the Related Items panel to perform the following functions:
a) Notebook icon (or right-click on the Variation) to:
- view or change the estimate
- update the related schedule item
b) Chain icon to:
- link to Lots, Schedule items, Filestore Docs and Photos and update Waypoints
c) Printer icon ( also works by right-clicking on the Variation) to :
- generate reports