You must be an Administrator to be able to add a role.
User Roles define the level and types of permission to which each user is assigned. In CivilPro, role permissions are controlled using Access and Authority. When you subscribe to CivilPro, you will be provided with a few standard roles to help you get started :
- Project Administrator
- Project User
- Cross Project Admin
You can then review and edit the permissions for these roles based on your organization's requirements. If you have many groups of people working on a project, it is likely that you'll need to create additional roles with specific permissions to view, edit and add records and to restrict certain approval and conformance actions to a few authorized users.
Roles should be added before you start adding users as every new user must be assigned a role to be able to login to a project.
User Roles (although this article is based on Cloud settings, the concept for Access and Authority are still the same as Desktop V11).
1. After logging into your Project, click on the Settings icon (fourth from the left) on the main tool bar, and select “Roles”.
2. Click on “Add Role”. A “New Role” dialog box will pop up. Enter the name of the new role e.g. TMR Approver, that you want to create. Click “OK”.
3. The role is now added to your Roles list, and is ready to be set the specific permissions for this role.
Select the role and click on “Update available permissions for role” on the top toolbar.
Note: you can also double-click on the role to view and set permissions for Access and Authority.
4. Click “Enable Editing” at the top left corner. This is the “Access” screen where you select the types of registers and access levels for the role. Tick the boxes to select your permissions.
To understand more about Access, see the article “User Roles’ under Related Links on this page.
5. Next, click on the “Authority” tab to select the types of authorizations permitted for this role.
Tick the boxes of the authority that you are granting for this role. Click “Close”.
6. If you need to delete a role, enable editing, select the role and hit "Del" key on your keyboard.