An ITP set up in Excel can be imported into CivilPro by converting it into a CSV file. However, please note the following limitations:
- Some manual entries will be required as not all details can be imported
- Some formatting may be required, depending on your files, to align the Inspection Details with the values in CivilPro.
- Other document types such as Word or PDF cannot be imported, however, the ITP details can still be copied and pasted into the fields directly when creating the ITP.
Before following this process, please prepare your file in the correct format by referring to these articles:
1. Under Spec and Conformance, select “Inspection Test Plan (ITP)”
2. Click on the “New ITP” tab
3. Complete the following details:
- Description (Mandatory)
- ITP Doc No
- QVC Doc No
- Spec Reference
(Note : Revision Date and ID only applies when you are updating an existing ITP)
4. Click on “Show ITP Information” to see the details that have been entered.
5. On the top right panel, click on the “Global Action” icon and select “Import Specification Details”.
6. There are two ways to import :
a) Import from Clipboard (directly from Excel)
b) Import from File (CSV file only)
6a) Import from Clipboard (directly from Excel)
Open your Excel file and select the data that you are importing. Right click to select “Copy”. Click on the “IMPORT FROM CLIPBOARD” tab to import.
6b) Import from File (CSV file only)
6b-i) Click on the “IMPORT FROM FILE” tab to select the file from your folder or use the Drag and Drop option.
6b-ii) Before you import the file, you must have already created and saved a copy of your CSV file in a designated folder. Select the file from your folder and click "Open” as shown below.
7. Click on each Heading and select the title from the dropdown list that fits the data in that column. In this example, the Headings will be updated as follows:
- Value 1 - ITP Description
- Value 2 – Clause
- Value 3 – Responsibility
- Value 4 – Records
- Value 5 – Inspection Method
Tip: Hover your mouse at the base of the last row to activate the “Scroll” bar.
8. Once all the headings have been updated, click “Import”.
9. Click on the “blue dash” to enter the remaining details that were not imported
10. Complete the following fields by selecting from the dropdown list:
- Item Type (1)
- Hold Point & Witness Point check (2)
Tick the box for “Included on Inspection Test Plan Report” (3) to include the item on your ITP report
Click on “Checklist Template” (4) on the top toolbar to proceed.
11a. Tick the boxes for the Check Options, where applicable:
- Inspect Required
- Verify Required
- Authority Required
- Included on Checklist
Click “ Save”.
Note : To proceed to add a Test, click on “TEST” on the top toolbar instead of “Save”. Complete the steps for Add a Test to an ITP before proceeding to the next step.
11b. Select “No” for Register Revision as this is not a revision to the ITP.
12. Repeat the steps for each inspection item. Once all the inspection items have been updated, you can view the completed details in the ITP register.
(Note: You can also tick the boxes for “Check Options” on this page. Make sure you click “Save” at the bottom right corner to save your update.)